Wednesday, June 4, 2008

If life gives you lemons, enter a latte art competition

As many of you may or may not know, one of the next steps in my Finland plans was to go volunteer Nordic Cup, which was taking place in Helsinki this year. I was going to get to meet a bunch of Scandinavian coffee people (maybe even some potential employers.....) and it was going to be amazing.

Sadly, it was cancelled...

Needless to say, i'm pretty horribly bummed. However, there is a silver lining. Nordic Cup was going to be happening the same weekend as Coffee Fest Seattle, which is holding the next Millrock Latte Art Championships. Since i'm not going to Helsinki that weekend anymore, i get to go to Seattle and try to defend my title! I have no aspirations of actually winning again, but i'm sure as hell going to try. If i don't win, i hope Justin Tiesl (from Alterra and who got 2nd when i won) gets a victory this time, because i think he's come in second or third about 521 times. Well, at least enough to be 4th on the all-time money winners board.

In any case, i'm excited to go to Seattle. It'll be fun to see everyone, and nerd out for a weekend. Isn't that why we go to these things anyways?

1 comment:

Brie Mia Wright said...

My friend Tim just asked me if I was cyber-flirting with someone in Georgia. In my head, I said "yes" because even though I don't want to come off as a stalker, I saw your blib in Barista Magazine at Tim's house and I was very interested in your blog. Perhaps it was the influence I'm under, but I thought I'd give it a spin. Especially because you must listen to Aphex and Atmosphere. Huh.